3heads-gear3headschatchecklistglobehead-lockhead-plusimaclife-ringlogo-cornelllogo-melbournelogo-northhamptonlogo-portsmouthlogo-small logo-vancouverlogo-yokohamamail-line mail-wings pdf pie-chartplayplugprinter skype website

Welcome to the sixth step in our free professional learning series on personal blogging to help you set up your own personal or professional educator blog!

The aim of this step is to:

1. Discuss copyright, fair use and using images on blogs.
  2. Introduce you to Creative commons.
  3. Explain how to find and add creative commons images to posts.
  4. Discuss what are free and public domain images; and how to source them.

Back to Top

Intro to copyright, fair use and images in posts

You can’t just use any image you like in a blog post.

Why?  Because unless stated otherwise, the law automatically grants full “copyright” over any creative work a person makes.

Using images
Dexter the cat hates those that steal his photos…

I’m sure you’re probably thinking it is okay because as educators, we have a few more flexible rules, called “Fair Use”, to play by.  Fair use, in some cases, if an image, text, video, etc. is being used for educational purposes, means you may have more flexible copyright rules.

The trouble is, most of the laws and rules that cover fair use and education were written well before the invention of the web.  They don’t apply to use of copyright material on the Internet.  Using copyright material leaves you open to copyright infringement.

So what does this mean?

You need to:

1. Learn what images you are and aren’t allowed to use, and why.
  2. Learn how to attribute images you are allowed to use.
  3. Educate your students that you can’t just use any images off the Internet on their blogs
  4. Show them how to source and attribute images they are allowed to use.

Understanding digital copyright is an essential skill we need to understand and teach our students.

Refer to The Educator’s Guide to Copyright, Fair Use, and Creative Commons for comprehensive information on the use of images, curriculum docs, text and quotes, music, videos.

The safest way to source images for your blog is to either:

• Use Creative Commons images.
  • Use free public domain images.
  • Use your own photos or use images you’ve created.

Back to Top

Intro to Creative Commons

Creative Commons, founded in 2001, is an organization which provides free content license known as a creative commons license that people can apply to their work.

When you license your work with creative commons, you are giving people the permission to use it without having to ask permission, provided they use it in the manner stated in your creative commons license.

The reason people use creative commons licenses is to make it easier for everyone to share and adapt creative work without the concern of copyright infringement.

Watch this video on Creative Commons.

Creative commons licenses are used for books, websites, blogs, photographs, films, videos, songs and other audio & visual recordings.

If an image, or website, doesn’t include a Creative Commons license, or isn’t public domain work, or indicates that the content is free to use than it automatically implies all content is copyright and you shouldn’t use!

There are a websites that provide public domain images that are free to use, or have their own free to use licensing, but you need to make sure sure you follow their terms and conditions of use.

For those wondering, unless a blogger includes a Creative Commons license, all content on that blog is automatically the copyright of the blogger.

Back to Top
Creative Commons Licenses

Creative Commons licenseThere are several different types of Creative commons licenses people use depending on what restriction(s) they want to apply to their work.

For example,on the bottom right corner of the sidebar of The Edublogger you’ll see we license all content on the blog as “Attribution – Non-Commercial – Share Alike”.

That is fancy talk for letting you know that you are free to use anything on The Edublogger as long as you:

1. Give an attribution or credit that lets others know where you got the info with a link to The Edublogger,
  2. Won’t profit in any way from using our content and use it for non-business purposes only, and
  3. Anything you create with our content, you must use the same license.

Below’s a quick summary of the different types of Creative commons licenses:

Attribution CC BY

Allowed to share (to copy, distribute and transmit the work), remix (to adapt the work) and use it for commercial purposes provided you attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.

Attribution-NoDerivs

Allowed to share (to copy, distribute and transmit the work) and use it for commercial purposes provided you do not alter, transform or build upon the work and you attribute it in the manner specified by the author or licensor.

Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike               

Allowed to share (to copy, distribute and transmit the work) and remix (to adapt the work) provided it isn’t used for commercial purposes, you attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor and you distribute it under the same license.

Attribution-ShareAlike               

Allowed to share (to copy, distribute and transmit the work) and remix (to adapt the work) and use it for commercial purposes provided if you alter, transform or build upon the work provided you distribute it under the similar license.  You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.

Attribution-NonCommercial               

Allowed to share (to copy, distribute and transmit the work) and remix (to adapt the work) provided it isn’t used for commercial purposes.  You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor.

Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs               

Allowed to share (to copy, distribute and transmit the work) provided you do not alter, transform or build upon the work or use it for commercial purposes and you attribute it in the manner specified by the author or licensor.

Watch this video fro a summary of the different creative commons’ licences.

Back to Top

Flickr Creative Commons images

One of the most common sources of Creative Commons images used by bloggers is Flickr (an online photo sharing website).

Unfortunately many assume Flickr images are licensed under creative commons and allowed to be used.  This isn’t the case.

Images marked as “All Rights Reserved” are copyrighted and require permission from the person who uploaded it to Flickr.  Images with “Some rights reserved” means the Flickr user has applied a Creative Commons license to their photo and you can use the image in the manner specified by the license.

If you look at images directly on Flickr always check to see which license applies to ensure you only use the image in the manner specified by the license.

The license is listed below the image.

For those you might be allowed to use click on “Some rights reserved”.

Flickr Licence

This takes you to the Creative commons licence where you can read how you are allowed to use the image.

Creative Commons

Back to Top

Finding Creative Commons Images

The best option for finding Flickr Creative commons images is to use one of the great Flickr Search Engines.

Compfight

Compfight

Compfight is one of the most popular Flickr Search engines.  It provides a range of search options including search by tags only vs. all the text, licenses, the option to show or hide originals and turn on/off the safe content filter.

All images above the line returned by your Compfight search are professional stock photos — they aren’t free to use.  Those below the line are Flickr Photos.

Compfight

Multicolr Search Lab

multicolor search

Multicolr Search Lab allows you to search Flickr images by color.  This is a handy tool when you’re trying to match specific colors.  All you need to do is select up to 5 colors.

Back to Top
Creative Commons and image attribution

It’s a requirement of all Creative Commons Licenses that you attribute the original author.  This means you can’t just use a creative commons image without acknowledging the person who originally created it.

Within or at the end your blog post you must attribute the image, include their copyright information and you should link the photo back to it’s original photo page.

Here’s an example of image attribution:

Pink Cake

Photo by Chotda licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic.

Back to Top

Adding images from Compfight to posts

Here’s how easy it is to find an image on Comfight and add it to your post with image attribution:

1.  Go to Compfight and enter your search term.

Make sure Creative Commons and Safe search is selected.

Searching Compfight

2. Click on the creative commons image you want to use.

Click on the image

3.  This launches a pop up image window.

Pop up image window

4.  Click on ‘Some Rights Reserved‘ to check the creative commons license.

5.  Click on ‘Download‘ next to the size you want to use to download it onto your computer.

Click on Download

6.  Click on Add Media icon in your post editor.

add media icon

7.  Click on ‘Upload Files’ and then ‘Select Files’.

Add Media

8.  Locate the image on your computer and click Open to upload.

9.  While your image is uploading you will see a progress bar.

10.  Once the image has uploaded add the (1) image title, (2) alternative text, (3) paste the HTML code into the caption, (4) Select Custom URL, (5) Paste original image location, (6) Select full size and then click (7)  Insert into Post.

adding creative commons image

11.  Your image will insert and look like this.

Pink Cake
Photo Credit: chotda via Compfight cc

Back to Top

Adding images using the compfight plugin

The Compfight plugin on Edublogs is a great tool to quickly find, add and add photo attribution for Creative Commons images to your posts using the Compfight icon on your visual editor.

Once you’ve activated the compfight plugin it is as simple as:

1.  Click on the Compfight icon.

Compfight icon

2.  Add your search term and click Search.

3.  Click on S (Small), M (Medium) or L (Large) to add the image to your post with proper Creative Commons attribution.

Back to Top

Free and public domain images

There are websites that provide public domain images that are free to use, or have their own free to use licensing.

Public domain works are those works that:

1. Automatically enter public domain when created because they are not copyrightable.
  2. Their copyright has expired.
  3. Their creator has assigned their work to public domain.

Public domain images are free and available for unrestricted use.

Back to Top

Attributing free and public domain images

Public domain images and free to use images may not have a strict legal requirement of attribution, depending on the jurisdiction of content reuse, and depending on the terms and conditions of use of content from the website, but attribution is recommended to give correct provenance.  This means within or at the end your blog post you must attribute the image, include their copyright information and you should link the photo back to it’s original photo page.

Back to Top

Sources of free and public domain images

Here’s some good free and public domain image websites to use with students:

Wikimedia Commons

Wikimedia Commons

Wikimedia Commons is a media file repository for public domain and freely-licensed educational media content, including images, sound and video clips.

Images and other media on Wikimedia Commons are almost all under some kind of free license (usually public domain, CC-BY, CC-BY-SA, or GFDL (GNU Free Documentation license).

Clicking on an image or media file on Wikimedia Commons takes you to the information page for that file. This is where you’ll find the information supplied by the uploader, including the copyright status, the copyright owner, and the license conditions.

The following image from Wikimedia Commons is license under GNU Free Documentation and Creative Commons ShareAlike 3.0.

License information

The Commons

Flickr Commons

The Commons was set up to help share photos and images from the World’s public photography archives.  There is over 56 institutions contributing images to The Commons.

A special rights statement — ‘No known copyright restrictions’ — was created to provide a copyright framework allowing institutions to add their photos to Flickr Commons and define how the public could use their work through their own rights statement.

Once you’ve located an image on The Commons you should click on the ‘No known copyright restrictions’ beneath the image.

This takes you to the Rights Statement for the Institution who supplied the image.  This is where you’ll find information on how the institution would like the image to be attributed.

Attribution

Below is an example of attributing an image from The Commons.

River Cave, Margaret River [Western Australia, 2] [Frank Hurley] Courtesy of the National Library of Australia
Getty Open Content images

Getty Open Content

Getty Open Content images are all available digital images to which the Getty holds the rights or that are in the public domain to be used for any purpose. No permission is required.

The Getty requests that you use the following source credit when reproducing an image:

Digital image courtesy of the Getty’s Open Content Program.

Here’s an example of attributing an image from Getty’s open content program.

Vincent van Gogh [Dutch, 1853 - 1890], Irises, Dutch, 1889, Oil on canvas, Digital image courtesy of the Getty’s Open Content Program.
Vincent van Gogh [Dutch, 1853 – 1890], Irises, Dutch, 1889, Oil on canvas, Digital image courtesy of the Getty’s Open Content Program.
Getty Images

Getty Images

Getty Images is an American Stock photo agency which allows their images to be used for free for non-commercial use.  Getty Images have no relationship with the J. Paul Getty Trust and the Getty Open Content images.

Once you have found an image on Getty Images you can embed it into a post or page using their embed code as follows:

1.  Hover your mouse over the image you want to use.

2.  This launches an image preview window with more information and a link to the embed option.

3.  Click on the Embed link.

Click on Embed code

4.  Copy the embed code.

Copy the embed code

5.  Place your cursor in the post where you want you it to be embedded and click on Add Media button.

Click an Add Media

6.  Click on Insert Embed Code.

Insert Embed code

7.  Paste the embed code into the Insert Embed code box and click Insert into post.   

Paste Embed code

8.  When you have finished writing click Publish.

Click Publish

11.  You should now see the Getty image embedded in your post with full attribution like shown below.

Pixabay

Pixabay

Pixabay is a curated repository for finding and sharing public domain images.  All of the images on Pixabay can be used freely in digital and printed format, for personal and commercial use. Attribution to the original author is not required.

Back to Top

Using your own images

The alternative options to sourcing images from other websites is to upload your own photos or create images using online tools.

Image editing tool

Here’s some ideas for creating your own images:

1. Image Generators like ImageGenerator.org
  2. Comic Generators like MakeBeliefsComix.com,  kerpoofToonDoo
  3. Photo Editors like Befunkyfd’s Flickr Tools
  4. Tag Cloud Creators such as Wordle
  5. Graph Creators including GraphJam and Crappy Graphs

Check out WebTools4U2Use Photo editing tools for other great tools for creating your own images.

Back to Top

Your Task

Now we’ve talked about images it’s time for you to show us your skills by writing a blog post that includes images.

Here’s some ideas of what you might like to write about:

1. Share what you have learnt about Creative Commons and finding Creative Commons images.  Tell us about your favorite sources of Creative Commons images.
  2. Share your tips of creating your own images.
  3. Write a review on ways of creating your own images using a range of different types of tools.
  4. Leave a link to your post in a comment on this post so we can have a look at your post.

41 Comments

1. Images form a very important part of blog posts for me.
    Images for my new blog, Personas Profiles and Portraits, will probably mostly be my own photographs or images I have created to ensure that I am the owner of the images.
    Photos for Personas , Profiles and Portraits are taken either with the camera or iPad and are modified using MS Paint, PhotoFiltre or AShampoo Photo Commander.The images which I create for my Sprite’s Site blog are usually made in MS Paint sometimes incorporating clip art images or my own photos.
    Many years ago I did purchase three CD collections of public domain clip art and the original image for the character of Sprite came from one of these clip art CDs.
    I used to include images from the PowerPoint collection but I have found that in some cases images which used to be included in that collection are no longer available.
    In 2014 I participated in INKtober drawing challenge by doing one ink drawing a day the entire month. I drew almost all the characters from Sprite’s Site in ink during that month and it has provided an extra set of images for Sprite’s Site.
    I mostly use MS Paint to create my images but sometimes I also use PowerPoint or Scratch for rotating or modifying the images and sometimes I use other drawing programs such as ArtRage or Autodesk Sketchbook. If I am using the iPad I create images in Drawing Desk, Sketches Pro, Art Set or Paper 53
    To create animated GIFs I use Coffee Cup Animation Studio or Giftedmotion 1-2-3 Jar
    I enjoy using cartoon creation programs such as MakeBeliefsComix and ToonDoo and I also enjoy using Avatar makers and Flash Face.
    On Sprite’s Site blog I sometimes use Tag cloud generators such as Wordle or Mindmapping tools such as Tony Buzan’s iMindMap, Mindjet, Spicy Nodes and bubbl.us and I can imagine using those on Personas Profiles and Portraits as well
    My blog post for Step 6 can be read at https://jofreitag.wordpress.com/2015/06/16/2015-edublogs-teacher-challenge-step-6/

• Hi Jo, you do indeed use images effectively in your blog posts. This not only draws attention to the page, but also effectively breaks up the information in to manageable chunks.
      Eugene Brown, Edublogs Support

2. For my task, I actually wrote about Compfight in another journalism site I write for. It’s scheduled to appear Wednesday, June 10, at JEADigitalMedia.org. I personally think this is a great tool for student journalists to see how the copyright looks. I tested Compfight on my blog, and fiddled with the settings (although I returned to the default settings). I feel like I took forever on Step 6, but I always find Copyright and public domain daunting (and I’ve practiced journalism since 8th grade –> I won’t tell you how old I am!). Thanks for such a good primer and refresher, especially for Step 6’s elaboration of copyright for the Wild Wild Web.

• Hi Michelle, your article on JEADigitalMedia.org was very informative. The related articles were also very useful to read. I think most people find Copyright and public domain daunting. Well done on wading through Step 6!
      Eugene Brown, Edublogs Support

3. I just got introduced to
    “#JJAProject – A Photo A Day in June, July, August”
    from a great inspiration and friend, Denise Krebs, and so I got on board and set up a Flickr account and begin this little adventure tomorrow! I am excited, even if my photos won’t always be…but inspiring to me…

I still feel a bit uncertain how it will all work out–the “tagging and sharing” pieces…but I’ll catch on (I sure hope:)!

Michelle

• Hi chelleswan, Denise Krebs site also provides useful information on embedding Flickr images in posts http://mrsdkrebs.edublogs.org/
      Congratulations on setting up your Flickr account. Perhaps you can share your Flickr url so we can benefit from your images.
      Eugene Brown, Edublogs Support

4. I personally use Flickr and find the service useful. I store photos and make them available to the public. I like to take pictures of nature and will start talking pictures for my blog. This way I can ensure that I am legally allowed to use the photos. I took a picture of my road and will post it to my blog. The road to success…
    http://blogforstudentsuccess.edublogs.org/?p=28&preview=true

Thank you,
    Sheriann

• blogforstudentsuccess
    • Hi Sheriann, that is an amazing photograph! I hope you don’t mind, I added a caption to your image to show you how is is done.
      Eugene Brown, Edublogs Support

• That photo is fantastic! It really breathes beauty! I just opened with Flickr today…and am anxious to begin using it tomorrow in my blog along with #JJAProject group’s A Photo A Day in June, July, August!

Thanks so much for sharing!
      Michelle

5. This is a great resource. As I’ve taught computers and technology for many years, I need to update my lesson on appropriate use of images they find.
    I did use a CompFight image in a post http://mstcookclass.edublogs.org. I feel I’m going to more dedicated on the side of using my own photos. I have so many and am an avid photographer. I’m just going to step up my game in editing and changing them for posting.

• Teresa,

I like your cats and raccoon! I use a lot of my own photos, too, especially from my iPhone, but I also like the option of Compfight for a quick image to spruce up a post. I kind of liked your old theme, but your new theme is very inviting and easy to navigate. Michelle 🙂

• Hi Terresa, great story about “Rockette the Racoon”. Effective use of images too. Well done!
      I love the new theme you’ve chosen. Don’t forget to add widgets to your homepage.
      Eugene Brown, Edublogs Support

6. I try to use my own images whenever possible. I find copyright, like many previously said, complex to understand.

• Dan Gallagher
  7. This is a challenging area – almost overwhelming with all the information available on the topic. Can we cover our bases by simply sharing the link where an image came from along with the date and time acquired? Can we put that on a works cited page?

I love being able to put the link in the caption area of the photo as well – will this suffice? This is what I did for my first image. The next two are photos I took myself.

For creating your own, it’s easy to do in PowerPoint – use Word Art and insert graphics which automatically use CC in the search.

8. http://teachingandlearning.global2.vic.edu.au/

I’m back to finish the challenge! I learnt so much about CC in this challenge step. Can’t wait to gather some student friendly resources to take back to the classroom with me………. or create my own! I am definitely bookmarking this page for future reference.

9. Extremely helpful and informative.

10. For my class blog I often purchase images from Shutterstock. I have taught my students to search through Google images and select images for reuse for their own blogs.

I am a fan of the MasterFX app. Here is a quick post on my class blog for my students.
    http://yr5sk.edublogs.org/2014/09/18/masterfx-app/

I definitely have learning to do in this area. I will be using the sites above in future.

11. It is obvious a strategy is needed when you first set out to uses images in your blogging. I appreciate your suggestions. I have some different views, http://www.hotlunchtray.com/edublogs-challenge-steps-5-6/, but mostly I coudl sum them up to be create your own images with images you find at a royalty-free site and can enhance/customize in a service such as PicMonkey and/or Canva. I also talk about how It do that http://www.hotlunchtray.com/color-me-happy-technology-thursday for anyone who wants to give it a go, but needs an approach. As also, this is a good conversation to have. Thank You!

• Penny Christensen
  12. Citing images seems to be one of the things that students have the most trouble with. We have some projects that require them to use images, and to cite them, and even though it is frustrating to work through I think it is a good exercise. I’m bookmarking this page as well to help explain this year!

• Donna Gehring
    • Hi Donna

Citing images is hard for students and it is something that you need to keep reinforcing as they can forget. Let me know if you need a guide for younger students as there are a few different ones available.

Sue Waters
      Support Manager
      Edublogs | CampusPress

13. This is a great overview of copyright and Creative Commons. I thought I had a pretty good selection of tools that I used but I learned about so many more here! I’ve usually limited myself to pictures that I had taken myself or videos from YouTube. These resources open up a lot more possibilities!

• Donna Gehring
    • Hi Sarah

Sometimes it can be removed when you insert it into the post. If this happens try clicking on the image, then click on the Image icon in the left hand corner, paste the code again into the Caption file, click Update on the Add Media window to close it and then Update on the post.

If that doesn’t work let me know so I can add it for you.

Sue Waters
      Support Manager
      Edublogs | CampusPress

14. This lesson made me rethink the images I was using in my blogging. I deleted all the clipart I had since I was not sure where it came from. I used all new clipart from Pixabay. I created an account with that site because it did have a lot of pictures to chose. I am more aware of what images I put online and how I use them now. Check out my new clipart.

http://rkorte78.edublogs.org/

• Hi Roxanne

Thanks for sharing a link to your blog! Great example of how much you can customize the theme Chalkboard using your own custom background with your own image header. The theme looks totally different.

Very impressive!

I also log into Pixaby to download images as it is easier.

Sue Waters
      Support Manager
      Edublogs | CampusPress

• Sue,

Thank you for saying my site was unique because that is was I was going for with this project. I am learning a lot by taking this teacher challenge.
        Roxanne

• Hi Roxanne

Was very impressive. I shared the link with Elliott, one of my work colleagues, who customized the original version of the theme so he could see how nicely you had changed it.

Sue Waters
          Support Manager
          Edublogs | CampusPress

15. Excellent resource! Honestly I came to learn about Creative Commons recently through a MOOC on Learning to Teach Online. I am trying to be really careful in using images. If I find searching for new images tedious, I create my own! I wonder how good that is, but it’s working for me. I am going to use Getty Images or Compfight for future posts. This is my latest blog post where I have inserted my own images. http://bit.ly/1qDVHY1

16. Since I’ve started blogging, I’ve become very careful about where I take my images from. I use https://www.canva.com/ to create collages or images. You can use their free images unless you want to $1 per premium image. You can download it as an image or pdf. I’ve used Pixabay, Flickr and freedigitalphotos.net for photos along with my own photos. All my posts have images because of the theme I use. Here’s one I did for my post on SAMR http://msrodrigues.global2.vic.edu.au/2014/07/12/samr-model/

17. Wow! I think out of all of the steps in this challenge, this was the most eye opening! Boy have I been using images wrong. Missing out on great resources and using ones that weren’t so legit.

I learned so much, my entire blog post this week has to do with images.
    A Quick Byte: Picture This
    http://billpratt23.blogspot.com/2014/09/picture-this.html

One question I have is this:
    In Blogger, I can’t put a link on a picture (that I have found anyway) and when putting the link to the original image in the caption, some of them are so long it really distorts my post. Is it permissible to use something like “Image source” as the caption and then embed the link to the source in that text? Look at my Password Frenzy post to see what I am talking about distorting my blog: http://billpratt23.blogspot.com/2014/07/password-frenzy.html.

Thanks again for such a great lesson in digital citizenship!

• Hi Bill

Glad our post on images has been eye opening!

After you’ve added the photo try clicking on the photo and then click on the Insert/Edit link icon. If the Insert/Edit link icon launches try adding the link and this should have now hyperlinked the image to the original source.

I can see what you mean about it causing issues in your post.

You can add the attribution to an image any where on the page. It doesn’t need to be directly underneath the post or in the caption. Some bloggers prefer to add the attribution at the end of the post. They say something like “Image by X licensed under Creative Commons ShareAlike 3.0”

Sue Waters
      Support Manager
      Edublogs | CampusPress

18. I’m bookmarking this page! This is a great reference for future use. I typically don’t use photos on my blog, but when I do, I use schools.clipart.com. I assumed they were acceptable since our school system obtained the site licenses. Looks like I need to check on that. I’ll occasionally attach short YouTube clips in a post, but since it goes directly to the website, the citation is automatic. I hope.

• Hi Cyndi

You definitely need to check with your school as it may not cover use online.

If you want to use clipart I recommend you use Pixabay They have lots of clipart and it is all free to use http://pixabay.com/

YouTube is fine to embed and we discuss Youtube in our step on using video.

Sue Waters
      Support Manager
      Edublogs | CampusPress

19. I never really thought about citing my images mainly because I felt it fell under ‘Fair Use’. I went back through my posts and found one which had a photo added which I then went through and changed w/ citation. Here is a link to that post: http://gallaghertech.edublogs.org/?p=49

In the future, I will have to be more aware of this and stay vigilant of my giving credit where credit is due.

• I empathize, Mr. G. I thought images for educational use, even found with Google, where exempt from citations.

20. Great list of resources. I was at a symposium about MOOCs yesterday and one of the faculty members who was creating a MOOC course indicated that she needed help with finding images that she could use in her course. This list will be a great help.

• Hi Sally, glad to hear the list of websites to source images from is helpful!

• Sally I love MOOCs..Please check out my latest blog post http://bit.ly/1qDVHY1
      Mighty MOOCs: 5 Mighty Powers of MOOCs. Don’t forget to leave a comment 🙂