Blogging isn’t about publishing; it’s all about social learning.
This week we are focusing on skills to help us connect and learn with others.
WEEK 2 – BLOGGING WITH STUDENTS TASKS
This week we want those participating in the Blogging with students series to complete the following three steps:
- Step 4: Teach quality commenting skills
- Step 5: Adding Widgets
- Step 6: Helping parents and students connect
Extension activities for those with an existing class blog:
- For Step 4: Teach quality commenting skills choose an activity from developing student commenting skills and use it to extend your students commenting skills.
- For Step 5: Adding Widgets check out our Widget demo blog to see if there are any widgets you could add.
- For Step 6: Helping parents and students connect create a parent and student handout.
WEEK 2 – PERSONAL BLOGGING
This week we want those participating in the Personal blogging series to complete the following two steps:
Publish a post on what you learnt in Week 2. For example, tell your readers what you found easy, what you found hard and what you would like someone to help you with.
Extension activities for those with an existing personal blog:
- For Step 4: Connecting with others we want you to set up Feedly, subscribe to some popular educator blogs and submit comments on other blogger’s posts.
- For Step 5: Working with Widgets review the current widgets you have. Are there any widgets you don’t need and should remove? Are there any widgets on my recommended ‘must have’ widget list you need to add?
About the #CE13 series
In conjunction with all of the great resources available during Connected Educator Month, we’re running the Edublogs Teacher Challenge Blogging with students and Personal blogging series as weekly tasks for a month from Oct 14 to Nov 14.
Regardless of where you are at — if you are new to blogging or been blogging awhile — we’ve included advice and tips that will help get you started or extend your blogging!
THE WEEKLY TASKS
Each week we will publish a weekly post with tasks for you to complete during the week. You can choose to work through the weekly tasks from:
- The Blogging with students series which will guide you through the process of class and student blogging
- The Personal blogging series for those that want to set up their own personal or professional educator blog.
We’ll walk you through everything you need to know about blogging – and be there to help answer any questions along the way.