Edublogs Teacher Challenges

Free professional learning for educators by educators.

Posts of the Week – Visit these blogs – Week 1

As the commenting detective for this challenge – only have to write one formal post a week – I will be looking out for great posts written by our participants. Remember to visit, read the post and comments, then add to the conversations. I will be posting these often.

In order for me to visit your blog and perhaps add you to this type of post, you need to either leave a comment at the post on the teacher challenge blog or you need to put a link to the teacher challenge post in your post about the same activity. A third way for me to find your post is to use the tag #ksyb which I can then find by searching Google.

Anyone whose name is linked in this post should find a pingback or link appear on their blog’s comments. Remember to approve those comments as well.

Which of the posts below struck a chord in you? Are you gaining more ideas of what you could be writing about in your blogs? Leave a comment with your answer if you wish.

Questions to ask your blog – interview your blog

Gill, Sue, Shelly, Russell, Paula, Janelle, MrsDuarte, Anne, Marsha, Kevin, Jo, MrsS, MrsMcGriff, Theresa, MrsS, Lydia, Sheri, Luciana, Dorene, MrsKrebs,

Why I chose to take part in challenge

Deb, Jessica, MrsW, Malyn, MHelmer, MissGoodey, MrsHampson, MrsEmpson, Drew, Jenny, MrsS, Jim, Hailey, MrsBreunig, Kevin, rjessen, Amy, Nancy, Kerry, kshay, Shirley, Mick, Crystal, Ruary, Debbie, Shawn, kmhamm, Karla, MrTang, MsLeyden, MissCollette, alrickels, Luanne, Lorie, Jeannette, Julie,

My blogging life

Stacy, Jodie, MissT, Shelly, Vivian, Kami, Prast, Natasa, Jeff, Mel, Michelle,

Things to know about blogging

Penny, Yvonne, Mary, Stephanie,

All about effective blog posts

Stacy, Malyn, Britt, Kathryn, Russell, Tim, Oona, Janelle, Emil, Andrea, Lydia, Jenny, Kay, Jo, Lauren, Glenda, MrCarson, Scott, Kevin, Jen, Sean, MrsS, Christy,

Learn about me

Rachel, Trevor, Louise, Jana,

Passion posts

Michelle, Tracey, Tabitha, Kim, Mel, Suzanne, Ezra, Amalie, Cre8tive, Tracy,

Attribution:

Original image: ‘3d puppet, holding big magnifier

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40780016@N02/3915512820

by:

Released under an Attribution-NonCommercial License

24 comments for “Posts of the Week – Visit these blogs – Week 1

1. January 17, 2011 at 7:24 am

What a great idea to organise our posts this way! I know it is a lot of hard work, thank you so much. There are so many blogs to visit and comment on, but that’s what these challenges are about – connecting. Someone has complained about the anti-spam work. I agree, it is very difficult to read. The first time I left my comment here, I tried six or seven times before I succeeded.

2. January 16, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Posting this comment is testing my patience: changing screens, losing my message twice, retyping, rejection of anti-spam word twice. I think I am supposed to put a link to my blog but I’m not checking, just in case i lose it all again. So here it is anyway:
    http://louisemason.edublogs.org/

3. judigowing
    January 16, 2011 at 12:14 pm

http://judigowing.edublogs.org/

Having fun with the Teacher Challenge and am enjoying checking out Blogs created by others! Mine is a work in progress. :-)

4. kerrynichol
    January 16, 2011 at 12:11 pm

The good news is that I am getting lots of different perspectives on blogging and I am especially surprised at the effect on myself in how different topics in the blogs generates my interest and the desire to reply and keep a conversation going. I thought that this blogging business was essentially one way but now I realize how it generates a 2 way conversation and is mind expanding. The bad news is I am finding it hard to spend the time necessary to fully read everything as there are so many participants in the challenge.

• mrsdkrebs
      January 17, 2011 at 12:31 pm

Amen, Kerry! I’m having the same challenges. After a year of blogging, now I’m realizing how fun it is when it is a two-way conversation. And, like you, I don’t have the time to devote! Right now I’m trying to find time for the second challenge. I guess I need another snow day! http://mrsdkrebs.edublogs.org/

5. January 16, 2011 at 11:58 am

Hello…
    It’s a great time to visit others blog and all of them inspiring me. I am new to blogging. I am be glad if my blog will be part of your list. My blog is (http://miekehafidz.edublogs.org/). Thank you.

• January 16, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Mieke,
      Everyday I visit blogs to see which ones to put on the list. I have a post started now for the next set of blogs to recommend reading. It is important that you leave a comment on the post in the teacher challenge so I know you have published your reply to that activity.

6. jfull
    January 16, 2011 at 10:41 am

I have begun the challenge. I just have to figure out how to navigate back to my page!

• January 16, 2011 at 12:09 pm

JFull,
      To get to your Edublogs dashboard easily, sign in at Edublogs first. Just remember to sign out again when you have finished blogging especially if using a public computer.

• Jfull
        January 20, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Thank you. I have included a link to my page on blogger. I find it more user friendly. I will be completing the challenges here: http://teachertricksandtrades.blogspot.com/ I will be putting the tag on this page as well. Thanks!

7. mhelmer2
    January 16, 2011 at 8:39 am

Thank you so much for the recognition. I will be continuing with this blog http://silvercreekcecclass.edublogs.org/ but the first one I wrote I can’t seem to get into again so it will not be updated. It felt good to see my name!

8. January 16, 2011 at 4:22 am

I can’t wait to read all everyone’s blogs. Thanks for having my blog as part of your list.

9. January 16, 2011 at 1:26 am

I’m so new to blogging, I’m not sure how the tracking system works. That is, how to set up my reply so that it’s read. I am also not sure how to find the other early posts (the other blogs) in the challenge.

• January 16, 2011 at 9:32 am

G’day Lorie,
      To find all the posts, look on the left sidebar, scroll down and you will find a heading ‘Recent Posts’ The latest ten posts will be visible there.

10. January 15, 2011 at 11:29 pm

Hi,
    I’ve been actively participating in the challenge but cannot get my comments to post. Keep getting error messages about the spam word.

Frustrating! Also, how else can I contact someone?

11. January 15, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Oh dear, so many inspiring place to visit. Quieten down dust and dishes I am too busy to get to you yet! Thanks, Sue for adding my blog
    to your list. This has been a great way to meet a lot of new bloggers.

12. January 15, 2011 at 5:00 pm

I must admit I was a bit disappointed that The Big Interview! didn’t make it into the review roundup.

The first challenge was really difficult to write, but most entertaining.

• January 15, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Sorry about that Michael, but for the first challenge I didn’t check for tag #ksyb only if people left a link in a comment here. Keep up the good work though.

13. 21stcenturyteam
    January 15, 2011 at 2:13 pm

I was totally inspired by Gill’s interview your blog post! Loved the candidness and identified with the blogger. You have some great blogging skills!

14. January 15, 2011 at 1:49 pm

I’m glad you mentioned Gill’s blog, “A macgirl in a PC world”, as it really gave me a chuckle when I read it. It was a very clever idea to interview your blog Anne, and Gill executed the writing really well.

15. January 15, 2011 at 12:47 pm

Thank you for posting! Great blogs to read!

• January 15, 2011 at 12:53 pm

G’day Theresa,
      I have already started a post to gather more for next week. The participants in the challenge are doing a great job considering some have only been blogging for less than a week.