Over the last 30 days, we have built a blog- one that has a heart, brain, muscles, nerves, legs, bling and now it is ready to fly. (Well perhaps run might do!) Bloggers like to have readers. Building readership takes time, experience and a lot of active networking.
Questions for reflection
Why are readers of our blog important? How can we build readership? How can we stay networked? How can the conversations continue? Why has this challenge been important to you and your blog? What impact has it had? What worked well and why?
Make sure you read:-
- the post for the Beginner Challenge.
- A twitterholics guide to tweets, hashtags and all things twitter
Challenges for Activity #8 – Building Readership
Write a post on your choice of the following:-
- 5 to 10 ways to promote your blog
- Write a post on “All things or Anything Twitter “. Share your favourite hashtags, your lists and your twitter handles (usernames). (Twitter is increasingly becoming a great networking tool.)
- My top 5 to 10 networking sites – with a brief explanation of best use. Use hyperlinks where possible or image hotspots.
- Blogging – A Recipe for Success
- Choose at least 5 terms from the wordle above and explain how they relate to building blogging readership.
- Your choice of topic on building blog readership.
- Add appropriate tags and categories, including #ksyb
- Find at least 5 other blog posts on this topic and leave a comment, include the url back to your blog post.
- Find 3 beginner bloggers and comment back on their post.
- Write a second post, choosing a different topic from the above options.
- Interview a winning or best selling blogger on their secrets to success. Make a podcast or write a post