Edublogs Teacher Challenges

Free professional learning for educators by educators.

Kick Start Activity 2 – Advanced – Posts! The heartbeat of the Blog.

posts are heartbeat

Blog posts can be likened to the heart beat of a blog. They determine the health of the blog, its status and future. It is the most important element of the blog. Therefore, those who wish to improve their blogging skills need to consider how to write effective posts. What makes an effective post?  (See some suggestions at Nine signs of an effective post)

Choose one of the following and write a blog post to share:-

1. Provide a link to an effective post from a blog you have found (preferably not a post you have written). What is it about this post that makes it effective? What characteristics do effective posts share?
  2. Five steps to an effective blog post (or choose your number of steps)
  3. Five effective blog post ideas

Then please:-

• Add appropriate categories and tags. Make sure one tag is #ksyb Consider other tags eg effective_ blog_posts, what_makes_effective_blog_posts etc The search engines will pick up on these tags and drive more people to your blog.
  • Add a comment back to this post with the link to your post. (See extension activity)
  • Find at least three other bloggers in this challenge and comment back on their post. Add a question where possible to keep the conversations going.

Extension activities

If you haven’t joined in  before, it is not too late to either complete this challenge or previous challenges.  Look forward to reading the second round of posts.

142 comments for “Kick Start Activity 2 – Advanced – Posts! The heartbeat of the Blog.

1. November 18, 2011 at 6:32 am

Fini et ici: http://wp.me/p1Xfh1-I

2. March 15, 2011 at 6:54 am

check out my weak attempt at humor and edublogs interface “help”

An effective post needs 1)humor 2) a point 3) an audience

3. March 2, 2011 at 2:28 am

This is my post with a link to my blog page.

Look at my blog